WOODSTOCK, ON, June 1, 2012 /CNW/ - Contrans Group Inc. (TSX: CSS) announced today that it has acquired Peter Hodge Transport Limited, a bulk trucking business, located in Milton, Ontario. Since 1971, the business has provided specialized transportation services using open-top dump trailers and liquid tank trailers. It is expected that this acquisition will produce annual revenue of approximately $20 million (including fuel surcharges). The company operates 92 highway tractors and has 140 trailers in the fleet.
"The managers, staff and drivers at Peter Hodge Transport have spent over 40 years building a great company" stated Contrans' Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Stan Dunford. "This is a unique opportunity for us to strengthen our dump and tank hauling presence in Ontario by adding such a well-respected, service-oriented business to our group. For many years, we have operated a similar business in the Great Lakes region, but the shipping lanes and trailer types have differed from those typically handled by Peter Hodge Transport. This is a complementary addition to our service offerings."
The Vendor was represented by TransFunds Investment Banking.SOURCE Contrans Group Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV