Editor's note: As part of our partnership with Nightly Business Report, TheStreet's Debra Borchardt will join NBR Monday (see video and transcript) to look at stocks that will benefit from being a seasonal favorite.
NEW YORK (TheStreet -- Wall Street is running short on optimists these days.
"We're in for a rough summer," said Randy Frederick, a managing director at Charles Schwab.
Looking at trading volumes, it seems that many investors have decided it just isn't worth the risk to be in the market, adhering to the old adage "sell in May and go away." But while that strategy may have spared some wrinkles over the last two summers, investors would also have missed out big moves.BMO Capital Markets investment strategist Brian Belski dug a little deeper and discovered that staying the course through the past two summers paid off in the long run.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV