Infoblox (BLOX) and Demandware (DWRE) enjoyed favorable public debuts prior to the Facebook fiasco, but warn that the goalposts have shifted for companies following suit.
Facebook's IPO has shifted the goalposts for other tech IPOs.
"Unfortunately, because of all the hype about Facebook and because its IPO wasn't successful, it's going to affect other companies that have fundamentally good businesses," Robert Thomas, the CEO of Infoblox, said in an interview. "It does have a negative effect on the tech space -- investors are wary."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV