Richmont Mines (RIC) is a gold company. Richmont Mines is engaged in the production of gold from its Beaufor Mine and Island Gold Mine, two of its three material properties. This stock is trading up 8.5% at $6.37 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.95-$6.4552-Week Range: $4.91-$13.40 Volume: 296,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 271,011 From a technical perspective, RIC is booming to the upside here on above average volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once RIC takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $6.54, and then takes out its 50-day moving average at $6.74 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if RIC can sustain a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 271,011 shares. If we get that action soon, look for RIC to tag its next significant overhead resistance levels at $7.38 to $8. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV