Mela Sciences (MELA) is a medical device company focused on the design, development and commercialization of a non-invasive, point-of-care (in the doctor's office) instrument to assist in the early diagnosis of melanoma. This stock is trading up 6.7% to $2.84 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.59-$2.8952-Week Range: $1.75-$6.96 Volume: 195,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 325,666 >>7 Stocks Soaring on Big Volume From a technical perspective, MELA is bouncing today off of some previous support near $2.50, and off of oversold conditions. The current relative strength index reading for MELA is 36.98, which indicates an oversold stock. This move is now pushing MELA within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once MELA takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $3.12 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in MELA once it sustains a move or close above $3.12 with volume that's near or above 325,666 shares. If we get that action soon, then MELA could make a monster bounce back towards its 50-day moving average of $3.93 or even its 200-day moving average of $4.22.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV