- The Basic Gas Supply Service petition, which proposes a rate decrease of $11.68, or 8.8 percent, to an average 100-therm monthly residential bill. The BGSS clause serves as a method to pass along increases and decreases in gas costs directly to customers without affecting SJG’s income.
- The Conservation Incentive Program petition, which proposes a rate increase of $9.29 or 7.0 percent, to an average 100-therm monthly residential bill. The CIP program encourages customers to use natural gas more efficiently, reduce consumption and also adjusts customer bills to account for weather related changes in usage. The majority of the requested CIP increase is due to the unusually warm weather experienced this past winter. Since the CIP was instituted in 2006, SJG’s customers have reduced their natural gas use by 25.4 billion cubic feet - enough gas to heat 84,000 homes - and they have saved $305.1 million in energy costs.
- The Energy Efficiency Tracker petition, which proposes a rate increase of $0.95, or 0.7 percent, to an average 100-therm monthly residential bill. In April, SJG proposed a continuation of its EET to include five new programs, including a compressed natural gas vehicle grant program, to run through the end of 2013 and totaling over $24 million of investments. The proposed programs provide a broad range of incentives designed to allow residential, commercial and industrial natural gas customers to lower their energy bills through participation.
South Jersey Gas Files To Reduce Rates By 1.1%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.