An under-$10 stock in the food processing complex that looks ready to trigger a near-term breakout is Coffee Holding (JVA), an integrated wholesale coffee roaster and dealer in the U.S. This stock has traded virtually flat so far in 2012, with shares up just 0.5%.
If you take a look at the chart for Coffee Holding, you'll notice that this stock has been crushed by the sellers in the last three months, with shares dropping from a high of $14.88 to a recent low of $6.50 a share. During that huge move lower, shares of Coffee Holding have consistently made lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, the stock has started to tend up in the last few week, since it has moved off that $6.50 low to its recent high of $7.93 a share. That move has pushed JVA within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV