Later in the year, Apple is expected to release the next version of its iPhone, which may be its biggest product launch ever. The hype surrounding the iPhone 5 (as it's currently known), is surging as we get closer to a rumored September or October release date. "We believe the iPhone 5 in October will represent the biggest consumer electronics product launch of 2012 as well as the biggest device upgrade cycle in smartphone history," said Piper Jaffray's Munster, in a recent note.
The next six months for Apple are potentially the most important in the company's history, as Tim Cook continues to steward the ship following the death of Steve Jobs. The world will be watching and waiting with baited breath for the latest "one more thing."
Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV