WAYNE, N.J. and GLENDALE, Calif., June 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Toys"R"Us and DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA) today unveiled " World of Madagascar," a new brand featuring toys based on characters from all three Madagascar films, now available exclusively at Toys"R"Us online and in store locations around the world. Coinciding with the launch of Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted, which arrives in theaters on June 8, Toys"R"Us is showcasing the "World of Madagascar" in Toys"R"Us stores throughout the United States during the month of June. Highlighted in the boutique are exclusive toys from Fisher-Price ®, as well as a full range of lifestyle products inspired by the beloved Madagascar franchise.
As part of the celebration surrounding the release of the new film, Toys"R"Us Times Square is featuring the full range of " World of Madagascar" and Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted products in a dedicated boutique inside of the store's main entrance on Level One. Additionally, the product assortment is showcased online at Toysrus.com/Madagascar.
"World of Madagascar" is an immersive brand that brings the blockbuster animated Madagascar film franchise, which has grossed over $1.1 billion at the worldwide box office, together with the hit DreamWorks Animation series, Nickelodeon's Penguins of Madagascar, which was nominated for eight Daytime Emmy® Awards in 2012 including "Outstanding Children's Animated Program."
DreamWorks Animation has developed a successful worldwide licensing and merchandising campaign to support "World of Madagascar." The Toys"R"Us boutiques will feature an expansive collection of products across categories including video games, kids' furniture, pop up play tents, books, DVDs, board games, back-to-school, party & decor and educational software."The 'World of Madagascar' builds on our long-standing relationship with DreamWorks Animation and our desire to bring new and innovative play experiences to kids and families through our global network of stores," said Jamie Uitdenhowen, Vice President, Divisional Merchandise Manager, Learning, Toys"R"Us, U.S. "Fans of the Madagascar franchise are sure to love our in-store boutique, as well as the breadth of imaginative film-inspired products." "We are thrilled to team with the world's leading dedicated toy retailer, as the unparalleled expertise and global reach make Toys"R"Us the ideal location to launch this exciting venture," said Kerry Phelan, Head of Worldwide Licensing for DreamWorks Animation. "We believe these exclusive retail offerings will help generate even more anticipation for Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted, which takes our Zoosters on their biggest and funniest adventure yet when it arrives in theaters on June 8." Customers in the United States who may be interested in purchasing the assortment of "World of Madagascar" products online can find them in a dedicated microsite at Toysrus.com/Madagascar. After browsing the newest products based on the Zoosters, fans can also view a trailer for Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted. Fisher-Price is a key partner for the "World of Madagascar" program, with offerings including the following exclusives:
- WORLD OF MADAGASCAR: BASIC FIGURESThis set of 2.25-inch figures of favorite characters from Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted comes with two characters each. . With three packs total, kids can re-enact their favorite movie moments. Ages 3+.
- COLLECTIBLE VEHICLESFans of the Zoosters can zoom around town with their favorite characters in this set of three vehicles right from the movie! Alex in Train, Melman in Plane, and Marty in Luxury Extreme Assault Vehicle (LARV) are approximately 3-inches long and have wheels rolling wheels. Age 3+.
- WORLD OF MADAGASCAR: WACKY BABBLERSKids can control the action by giving these Madagascar characters a shake to hear wacky phrases and laughs! Shake either Marty or Alex to make their mouths open and close while the characters laugh, talk, or make a funny sound. And, when shaken in succession, Marty and Alex step through full phrases and laugh continuously! Each figure stands approximately 7-inches tall. Age 3+.
- LAUNCH & GO ROADSTERThe Penguins Stomp 'n Launch vehicle is approximately 4.8-inches long and uniquely Penguin styled straight from Penguins of Madagascar . Kids can send Rico speeding ahead to his next mission by stomping on the "crushed can" to air power the vehicle forward. Rico is a non-removable figure. Age 3+.
- LUXURY ASSAULT RECREATIONAL VEHICLEThe Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted penguins are ready for action in their adventure LARV. The vehicle is approximately 7-inches long and 4.5-inches deep. It includes, a sculpted Rico and Private in the driver's seat, one barrel and two plungers. Kids can push the LARV along to take Rico and Private on an adventure or press down on the top dome to transform vehicle into action blasting mode. The sides flip down and blast plunger projectiles (manually operated); the back flips down sending a barrel rolling; and sound effects activate when the top dome is pressed. Age 3+.
- CRASH LANDING PLANEThe Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted penguins are ready for action in their adventure LARV. The vehicle is approximately 7-inches long and 4.5-inches deep. It includes a sculpted Rico and Private in the driver's seat, one barrel and two plungers. Kids can push the LARV along to take Rico and Private on an adventure or press down on the top dome to transform vehicle into action blasting mode. The sides flip down and also blasts manually operated plunger projectiles; the back flips down sending a barrel rolling; and sound effects activate when the top dome is pressed. Age 3+.
- WORLD OF MADAGASCAR: BASIC SMALL PLUSHThese soft, cuddly plush characters from Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted are 8" tall (approx.) and offered in an assortment of characters that include: Alex, Marty, Gloria, Melman, Stephano, Skipper, and King Julien. Age 3+.
- TALKING PLUSHThese plush characters can talk! Standing at 10" tall (approx.), this assortment includes Alex and Marty. Squeeze their bellies for phrases, roars, and sound effects. Age 3+.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV