MOLINE, Ill., June 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As a result of the anticipated retirements of two executives, Deere & Company (NYSE: DE) today announced changes to its senior management team to enhance the company's ability to execute its business strategy and develop and broaden leadership talent.
"Deere is a company well known for leadership development," said Samuel R. Allen, chairman and chief executive officer. "As we continue to pursue our global aspirations, I am confident these leadership changes will ensure continued management effectiveness and improved organizational alignment as we work towards our 2018 growth targets."
Allen said David C. Everitt, president of the agriculture and turf division, and James R. Jenkins, senior vice president and general counsel have graciously agreed to communicate their retirement plans early so that Deere may begin a transition of their key roles in the organization. Allen said the following senior management assignments are made in response to these planned retirements and are effective September 1:
- James M. Field is appointed President, Agriculture & Turf Division – Americas, Australia and the Global Harvesting and Turf Platforms.
- Rajesh Kalathur is appointed Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. He will replace Field, who currently serves in that position.
- Mark von Pentz continues as President, Agriculture & Turf Division with his responsibilities now including Europe, Asia, Africa and the Global Tractor Platform.
- Max A. Guinn is appointed to Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Communications, Public Affairs, and Labor Relations – a new senior executive position.
- John C. May is appointed President Agricultural Solutions & Chief Information Officer – a new senior executive position.
- Effective January 1, 2013, Mary K. W. Jones is appointed Senior Vice President and General Counsel, succeeding James R. Jenkins.
SOURCE Deere & Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV