The holding company in March repaid $196 million in TARP money, without raising any additional capital.
MB Financial's shares closed at $19.35 Friday, returning 13% year-to-date, following a 1% decline in 2011.
The shares trade for 1.3 time tangible book value and for 11 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.77. The consensus EPS estimate for 2012 is $1.53.
Interested in more on MB Financial? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Strongest Illinois Banks and ThriftsBased on fourth-quarter financial reports, 64 Illinois institutions were assigned "recommended" ratings of B-plus or above by Weiss Ratings:
Thorough Bank Failure CoverageSince the current wave of bank and thrift closures began in 2008, Illinois has seen 50 institutions closed by regulators, trailing only Georgia, which has had 78 failures and Florida, which has had 61 bank and thrift closures. All U.S. bank and thrift closures since the beginning of 2008 are detailed in TheStreet's interactive bank failure map:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV