The holding company in March repaid $196 million in TARP money, without raising any additional capital.
MB Financial's shares closed at $19.35 Friday, returning 13% year-to-date, following a 1% decline in 2011.
The shares trade for 1.3 time tangible book value and for 11 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.77. The consensus EPS estimate for 2012 is $1.53.
Interested in more on MB Financial? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Strongest Illinois Banks and ThriftsBased on fourth-quarter financial reports, 64 Illinois institutions were assigned "recommended" ratings of B-plus or above by Weiss Ratings:
Thorough Bank Failure CoverageSince the current wave of bank and thrift closures began in 2008, Illinois has seen 50 institutions closed by regulators, trailing only Georgia, which has had 78 failures and Florida, which has had 61 bank and thrift closures. All U.S. bank and thrift closures since the beginning of 2008 are detailed in TheStreet's interactive bank failure map:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV