- At-a-glance: Of the companies surveyed, the data shows that 26 percent reported an increase in employee headcount while 20 percent decreased staffing. 54 percent of the companies involved in the survey maintained their number of employees.
- Small business sector: Today’s small business owner is still cautious, but surprisingly, has shown budding confidence in regards to sales, per other indicators. Should a sales improvement trend continue, then we could see traction and positive signs during the seasonal hiring that takes place during summer.
- What-to-watch: Continued deterioration in economic conditions abroad can still closely impact domestic economic prospects and its affect on small business hiring.
CBIZ Small Business Employment Index Shows Healthy Gain For May
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.