Sara Lee Corp. Names Boards Of Directors For Independent Businesses Following Spin-off
Ellen L. Brothers, 56, who has served as the executive vice president of Mattel, Inc. and president of American Girl (a subsidiary of Mattel) since July 2000. Prior to that, Ms. Brothers was employed by Pleasant Company, the predecessor to American Girl, which was acquired by Mattel in July 1998, in various roles, most recently as senior vice president of operations. She previously served on the board of directors of Bare Escentuals, Inc.
As previously announced, Sean M. Connolly, 46, chief executive officer, MeatCo. Sean joined Sara Lee from the Campbell Soup Company where he served as president of the $4.6 billion Campbell’s North America.
“I’m excited to welcome Todd Becker, Ellen Brothers and Sean Connolly to the MeatCo. Board of Directors,” said Bennink. “Todd has more than 24 years of relevant experience in various commodity processing businesses, risk management and supply chain management. Ellen is a retail expert with great experience in brand building. Sean has great food category knowledge and has brought fresh perspectives and direction to MeatCo since joining in 4Q 2011. They will each be a true resource within the board of this new company.”
In addition to Chris Begley, four current Sara Lee Corp. board members will transition to the MeatCo board. They are:
- Virgis W. Colbert, retired executive vice president, Miller Brewing Company; director since 2006
- Laurette T. Koellner, retired senior vice president, The Boeing Company and retired president, Boeing International; director since 2003
- Sir Ian Prosser, retired chairman, InterContinental Hotels Group plc; director since 2004
- Jonathan P. Ward, operating partner, Kohlberg & Co.; director since 2005
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts