New Dividend: 21 cents quarterly (per share)
Dividend Percent Increase: 16.7%Current Yield: 2.66% TE Connectivity (TEL) shareholders got a first hand taste of the firm's dividend generosity on Wednesday when shares went ex-dividend. The firm increased its payout for the quarter by 16.7% last week, bringing it to 21 cents per share. More significant, this week's payout marks the first post-recession raise for investors counting on dividend payouts to tack returns on in 2012. >>5 Stocks to Buy Instead of Dell TE Connectivity is the biggest maker of connectors in the world, a title that doesn't sound particularly impressive at first -- but it is. TEL's connectors are used in almost every industrial application conceivable, a factor that's helped the firm generate ample free cash flows over the last several years. That cash should keep the dividends flowing for the foreseeable future. TEL makes a good secondary holding for income investors in search of industrial exposure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV