New Dividend: 27.5 cents quarterly (per share)
Dividend Percent Increase: 10%Current Yield: 2.32% Viacom (VIA.B) announced a 10% hike to its dividend payout last Wednesday, ratcheting its quarterly dividend to 27.5 cents per share -- the first dividend hike the for the firm after initiating a dividend payout this year. Viacom owns a portfolio of cable networks that includes MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon as well as Paramount, a motion picture studio with a massive vault of film properties. That positioning is important -- it gives Viacom unfettered access to lucrative younger audiences and cross-promotional opportunities between different units to market films and expand franchises from the small to big screens. Investors shouldn't overlook Viacom's intellectual property either; content licensing deals could eventually be a much bigger source of revenues for the firm. Solid income-generation abilities and a reasonably cheap price make this stock a solid portfolio addition, even if it's not the highest yielder. Viacom shows up on lists of 12 Highest-Rated Consumer Stocks Picked by S&P and 6 Stocks to Play if the Market Tanks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV