Atlas Energy (ATLS) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Atlas Energy fell $1.15 (-3.2%) to $34.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 346,616 shares of Atlas Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 345,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.06-$35.72 after having opened the day at $35.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.66. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Transportadora de Gas del Sur (TGS), down 7.9%, Distribution and Marketing Company of the N (EDN), down 6.9%, China Hydroelectric Corporation (CHC), down 6.4%, and Delta Natural Gas Company (DGAS), down 4.4%. Atlas Energy, L.P. engages in the development and production of natural gas and oil in the Appalachian basin, Illinois basin, and the Rocky Mountain region of the United States. Atlas Energy has a market cap of $1.86 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 62.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Atlas Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Atlas Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally poor debt management and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Atlas Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ATLS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV