Kirby (KEX) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Kirby fell $1.32 (-2.4%) to $52.78 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Kirby exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 544,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.41-$54.47 after having opened the day at $54.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.10. Other company's within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Excel Maritime Carriers (EXM), down 11.7%, Eagle Bulk Shipping (EGLE), down 9.6%, TOP Ships (TOPS), down 7%, and DryShips (DRYS), down 6.8%. Kirby Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides marine transportation and diesel engine services primarily in the United States. Its Marine Transportation segment provides transportation services for the inland and coastal markets. Kirby has a market cap of $3.12 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.4, equal to the average transportation industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 15.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Kirby a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Kirby as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Kirby Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about KEX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV