FMC Corporation (FMC): Today's Featured Chemicals Loser
FMC Corporation (FMC) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, FMC Corporation fell 79 cents (-1.5%) to $50.97 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of FMC Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in price between $50.36-$51.96 after having opened the day at $51.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.76. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Lizhan Environmental (LZEN), down 13%, Pure Bioscience (PURE), down 6.1%, TPC Group (TPCG), down 5.7%, and Kraton Performance Polymers (KRA), down 4.2%. FMC Corporation, a chemical company, provides solutions, applications, and products for agricultural, consumer, and industrial markets. The company operates in three segments: Agricultural Products, Specialty Chemicals, and Industrial Chemicals. FMC Corporation has a market cap of $7.21 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.7, below the average chemicals industry P/E ratio of 19.1 and equal to the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate FMC Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates FMC Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full FMC Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV