Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Nippon Telegraph & Telephone rose 11 cents (0.5%) to $21.40 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of Nippon Telegraph & Telephone exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 600,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.28-$21.45 after having opened the day at $21.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.29. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Microvision (MVIS), up 38.7%, Elephant Talk Communications (ETAK), up 29.3%, Deltathree (DDDC), up 25%, and Ambient Corporation (AMBT), up 23.6%. Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides telecommunications services to residential and corporate customers in Japan. Nippon Telegraph & Telephone has a market cap of $52.25 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.4, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 9.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 15.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Nippon Telegraph & Telephone a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Nippon Telegraph & Telephone as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its growth in earnings per share. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NTT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV