Harmony Gold Mining (HMY) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Harmony Gold Mining rose 10 cents (1%) to $9.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Harmony Gold Mining exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $9.71-$10 after having opened the day at $9.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.76. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: General Steel Holdings (GSI), up 8.5%, China Gengsheng Minerals (CHGS), up 8.3%, China Natural Resources (CHNR), up 7.6%, and Uranerz Energy Corporation (URZ), up 7.1%. Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited engages in the exploration, processing, and smelting of gold in South Africa and Papua New Guinea. Harmony Gold Mining has a market cap of $4.18 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 51, above the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 48.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 16.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Harmony Gold Mining a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Harmony Gold Mining as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year.
- You can view the full Harmony Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HMY
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV