Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Sherwin-Williams Company rose $2.14 (1.7%) to $129.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of Sherwin-Williams Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $126.26-$130.25 after having opened the day at $127.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $127.50. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Fuelcell Energy (FCEL), up 11.6%, Valence Technology (VLNC), up 10.4%, Integrated Electrical Services (IESC), up 9.2%, and Hydrogenics Corporation (HYGS), up 8.5%. The Sherwin-Williams Company engages in the development, manufacture, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings, and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers primarily in North and South America, the Caribbean region, Europe, and Asia. Sherwin-Williams Company has a market cap of $13.37 billion and is part of the materials & construction industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 29, above the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 28.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 42.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Sherwin-Williams Company a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sherwin-Williams Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, increase in net income, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Sherwin-Williams Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SHW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV