Lincare Holdings Inc. (LNCR): Today's Featured Health Services Winner
Lincare Holdings (LNCR) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Lincare Holdings rose 15 cents (0.7%) to $22.93 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of Lincare Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 718,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.63-$23.14 after having opened the day at $22.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.78. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: Theragenics Corporation (TGX), up 15%, ImmunoCellular Therapeutics (IMUC), up 13.1%, Iridex Corporation (IRIX), up 12.1%, and Utah Medical Products (UTMD), up 10.7%. Lincare Holdings Inc. provides oxygen, respiratory, and other chronic therapy services to patients in the home. Lincare Holdings has a market cap of $2 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.7, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 11.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Lincare Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Lincare Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Lincare Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV