You can note though that in November 2011, we made generally available Spotfire version 4.0. You can tell just by the numbering of this release, this is now 4.5. There's a fair set of improvements here in this release that we're very excited about and I'm eager to walk you through, so why don't we just dive into things. And then, as Brett mentioned, we'll have some time at the end for Q&A. I would also encourage you to submit your questions during the presentation. If you submit them online, I'll do my best to answer the questions in real time as I walk through the different slides or topic areas, so feel free to fire questions over and, where possible, I'll do my best to answer them real time. And what I can't catch in real time, we'll catch at the end of the presentation.
So why don't we start off then by looking at version 4.5 through the lens of predictive analytics. We've invested a lot of time and effort in this release to broaden our predictive analytics capabilities. Spotfire's approach towards predictive analytics is quite unique. We really take an ecosystem approach to enable application authors in Spotfire to leverage existing predictive models and statistical investments that they may have made elsewhere. So we want to make it easy for those authors to build very powerful predictive models and statistical features into Spotfire applications that are known for their ease-of-use from the end-user's point of view. So the ultimate goal then of this ecosystem approach is to really enable the broad population of business users who may not have a statistical background to benefit from the applications that the people with statistical training actually have. And by that, those business users can therefore benefit from those predictive analytics that are baked into their applications and make better and more informed decisions faster.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV