Obama Inadvertently Attacking Himself?
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Barack Obama's campaign may want to take a look in the mirror after its latest Web video targeting Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
The video, which Obama's campaign released Thursday, casts Romney's record in Massachusetts as a list of broken promises.
"When Gov. Romney became governor of Massachusetts, many of the issues that our country faces were at our doorstep: high debt, the need for jobs the need to support a working middle class," Rob Dolan, former mayor of Melrose, Mass., says in the video.But four of the video's main criticisms against Romney might also be thrown back at Obama. First, the video states Massachusetts's job growth lagged at 47th during Romney's term as governor. But a glance at the numbers on the Bureau of Labor Statistics Web site
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV