Shares of Nokia hit a 52-week low on Thursday of $2.63. The stock's 52-week high of $7.38 was set on Oct. 27."We continue to believe 2012 will be a crucial year as Nokia continues to manage its transition to Windows Phone," Wedbush analysts wrote in a May 29 report. "While we are lowering our estimates as we see modest demand for Nokia's current smartphone lineup and encroachment by low-cost competitors in emerging markets, we believe upcoming Windows 8 devices will be a critical determining factor of Nokia's success in its turnaround. Until then, we maintain our neutral stance." Nokia's forward P/E is 14.88; the average for telecommunications equipment companies is 11.07. Nineteen of the 29 analysts who cover Nokia rated it hold. Seven analysts gave the stock a sell rating and three rated it buy. The stock has fallen 44.19% year to date.
First Solar Shares of First Solar hit a 52-week low of $12.19 on Thursday. The stock's 52-week high of $142.22 was set on June 30. First Solar's forward P/E is 3.01; the average for renewable energy equipment companies is 7.78. For comparison, SunPower (SPWR) has a higher forward P/E of 18.84. Twenty-seven of the 39 analysts who cover First Solar rated it hold. Six analysts gave the stock a buy rating and another six rated it sell. The stock has lost 62.59% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV