NeuroMetrix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NURO), www.neurometrix.com, a medical device company focused on the diagnosis and treatment of the neurological complications of diabetes, reported today that it will exhibit and participate in the American Diabetes Association (ADA) 72 nd Scientific Sessions. The ADA Scientific Sessions will be held on June 8-12 in Philadelphia at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
NeuroMetrix will feature the NC-stat ® DPNCheck™, a medical device providing a fast, accurate, and quantitative point-of-care test for the detection of systemic neuropathies, such as diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN). DPN affects over 50% of people with diabetes and can trigger foot ulcers that may require amputation, as well as severe and debilitating foot and lower leg pain known as painful diabetic neuropathy. Over 500 NC-stat DPNCheck devices have been shipped since the fourth quarter of 2011. Live demonstrations of NC-stat DPNCheck will be conducted at the NeuroMetrix booth.
The clinical benefits of sural nerve conduction measurement at the point-of-care include:
- Early detection of DPN, even in the absence of clinical symptoms and signs
- Help with confirmation or rule-out of DPN and quantification of severity
- Monitoring changes in DPN over time and in response to treatment
The company will also introduce the SENSUS™ pain management device. SENSUS is a transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator uniquely designed to be used in managing chronic pain in the foot and lower leg, such as due to painful diabetic neuropathy. Several SENSUS devices will be on display at the NeuroMetrix booth to help physicians and other interested parties better understand how this novel device can benefit their diabetic patients suffering from painful diabetic neuropathy. SENSUS is the subject of a recent 510(k) premarket approval filing with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is not currently available for commercial distribution.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV