TheStreet: During the earnings conference call, you said that Home BancShares had "14 deals on the board." How do you pick them?
Allison: There will be more deals coming in Florida. We have a list that we're watching at all times, and we have narrowed it down to four. We are looking at market transactions.
You just have to figure out which ones make the most sense, which are the best geographical fit, and which have the greatest chance of closing. Does it accrete to income on day one? How much goodwill are we putting on the books? How long does it take to earn it back?
When you buy a bank, and you are paid to buy it, [through FDIC loss-sharing] in a market that makes sense, that has potential, you have to be creating shareholder value.Home BancShares has seen its stock return 9% year-to-date, through Thursday's close at $28.13, following an 18% return during 2011. Based on a quarterly payout of 10 cents the shares have a dividend yield of 1.43%. The company repurchased 205,600 shares during the first quarter, and an average price of $25.29. The shares trade for twice their reported March 31 tangible book value of $13.96, and for 12 times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $2.26 a share, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $2.17. Interested in more on Home BancShares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. To contact the writer, click here: Philip van Doorn. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV