CHICAGO ( TheStreet) --Welcome to TheStreet's live-blog coverage of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting. It's Saturday, the first full day of data presentations at the largest annual gathering of cancer drug researchers in the world.
On the schedule for today: This morning, Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) will be presenting results from the phase III study of Zytiga in "pre-chemo" prostate cancer patients. These data have significant commercial implications not only for J&J but also Medivation (MDVN) and Dendreon (DNDN). Investors have been waiting for months to get their hands on these Zytiga data.
In the afternoon, Aveo Pharmaceuticals (AVEO) will present final data from a phase III study that compared its kidney cancer drug tivozanib to Onyx Pharmaceuticals' (ONXX) Nexavar. An important poster on Onyx's multiple myeloma drug carfilzomib also goes up today.Other noteworthy stocks on the ASCO data docket Saturday include Exelixis (EXEL), Arqule (ARQL), Roche (RHHBY). Follow this live blog throughout the day for continuous updates and reports from the ASCO meeting. I'll be reporting on clinical data presentations as I see and hear them, and I'll be blogging from the hallways, exhibition hall and meeting rooms, giving you a real-time perspective on the investor-worthy buzz. The blog will also capture tweets from a select and experienced group of analysts, doctors and journalists -- all of whom will add their perspective and insight into the ASCO meeting. I welcome your comments and questions on this live blog, too, which I'll do my best to answer and publish as time permits. --Written by Adam Feuerstein in Chicago.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV