CGI Group Stock Gaps Up On Today's Open (GIB)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of CGI Group (NYSE:GIB) were gapping up Thursday morning with an open price 14.7% higher than Wednesday's closing price. The stock closed at $20.42 Wednesday and opened today's trading at $23.43. The average volume for CGI Group has been 174,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. CGI Group has a market cap of $4.62 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are up 8.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. CGI Group Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides information technology (IT) and business process services in Canada, the United States, India, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.8, below the average internet industry P/E ratio of 14.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates CGI Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. You can view the full CGI Group Ratings Report. Get more investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV