DRAPER, Utah, May 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Flexpoint Sensor Systems, Inc. (OTCBB: FLXT) today further disclosed development of a safety mechanism for garbage trucks and other large commercial vehicles.
Flexpoint developed a Bend Sensor in conjunction with HTK Engineering, LLC for use in a safety system utilized in refuse collection vehicles (garbage trucks), that can be further adapted for all large trucks and large commercial vehicles.
There are more than 179,000 refuse collection trucks, transfer vehicles and recycling vehicles currently being used in the US. Bend Sensor technology is a key component in a system used to prevent trucks from inadvertently rolling into people, buildings or other vehicles when the driver neglects to apply the parking brake, which has been a major cause of fatal accidents.
"Bend Sensor technology has been receiving positive feedback from our colleagues at HTK," said Flexpoint President Clark Mower. "The market for this system is very promising and we're in a perfect position to generate significant revenue from its implementation of large commercial trucks of all types."About FlexpointFlexpoint Sensor Systems (FLXT) is a leading developer of thin film sensing technology to many industries, including automotive, medical, industrial controls, and consumer products. Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains certain forward-looking statements. Investors are cautioned that certain statements in this release are "forward-looking statements" and involve both known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors. Such uncertainties include, among others, certain risks associated with the operation of the company described above. The Company's actual results could differ materially from expected results. Flexpoint Sensor Systems Clark Mower, President, 801-568-5111 Brokers and Analysts:Chesapeake Group410-825-3930
SOURCE Flexpoint Sensor Systems, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV