NEW YORK, May 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ITG (NYSE: ITG), a leading independent execution and research broker, today announced the acquisition of 21 U.S. patents and corresponding foreign patents and patent applications from Aritas Group, Inc., formerly known as Pipeline Trading Systems. This deal does not include any of the software, non-patent assets or personnel of Aritas Group or any of its affiliated businesses. Terms of the deal, which closed on May 30th, were not disclosed.
The Aritas patents address a broad array of services and products, including block trading, crossing networks, front-end trading systems, and more. The acquisition complements ITG's own robust portfolio, bringing its total to 48 U.S. patents, with numerous applications pending.
"This acquisition enhances our existing patent portfolio and further protects our competitive position," said ITG's CEO and President, Bob Gasser. "ITG's broad base of intellectual capital, including our patents, underscores our leadership role in the continued evolution of electronic trading."About ITGITG is an independent research and execution broker that partners with global portfolio managers and traders to provide unique data-driven insights throughout the investment process. From investment decision through settlement, ITG helps clients understand market trends, improve performance, mitigate risk and navigate increasingly complex markets. ITG is headquartered in New York with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.itg.com. Media/Investor Contact: J.T. Farley(212) 444-6259 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE ITG
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV