- Adds a best-in-class baking company with over $166 million in net sales to Flowers;
- Complements Flowers' existing portfolio of strong brands by adding leading regional brands -- Country Kitchen and Barowsky's -- and a broader variety of breads, buns, and rolls to Flowers;
- Is expected to add $0.03 to $0.05 to Flowers' earnings per share in FY2012, excluding acquisition costs and $0.08 to $0.12 to earnings per share in FY2013;
- Expands Flowers' presence in New England and New York, making the company's fresh bakery products available to an additional 18 million people;
- Adds three highly efficient bakeries, two in Lewiston, Maine, and one in Brattleboro, Vt., with available production capacity for Flowers' expansion in mid-Atlantic and Northeast markets;
- Provides a DSD (direct-store-delivery) platform to accelerate penetration of Nature's Own and Tastykake brands in the Northeast;
- Brings Flowers an experienced team focused on quality and innovation; current Lepage leaders Andrew Barowsky and Albert Lepage will continue at the helm of Lepage Bakeries as co-chairmen; Barowsky also will serve as vice chairman of innovation for Flowers Foods.
Flowers Foods Announces Agreement To Acquire Lepage Bakeries, Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.