Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. (Nasdaq: CBRL) today announced the election of Tom Barr and Glenn Davenport to its Board of Directors, effective immediately. This election marks the next phase of the Company’s continuing Board succession process and brings the number of Cracker Barrel Board members to 13, 11 of whom are independent and six of whom have joined the Board during the past 12 months. These elections further enhance the Board’s food service industry expertise.
- Mr. Barr, age 44, serves as Vice President, Global Coffee, at Starbucks Coffee Company (Nasdaq: SBUX) and has been a member of Starbucks’ marketing and products team since 2000 with responsibilities for Starbucks U.S. retail coffee business. During his 11 years with Starbucks, Mr. Barr has led North American Marketing, U.S. Product Management, and U.S. Food categories in senior executive roles.
- Mr. Davenport, age 58, spent 33 years with Morrison Management Specialists, a food service company that provides food, nutrition and dining services to healthcare systems and senior living communities in 41 states, and held various senior management positions, including 12 years as Chairman/CEO. Mr. Davenport is currently a board member for Pate Dawson Company, a private national food distributor, and Team Health Holdings Inc. (NYSE: TMH).
“Tom Barr is a talented and energetic marketing executive who brings with him deep experience in brand building and innovation,” said James W. Bradford, Chairman of the Nominating and Governance Committee of the Board of Directors. “Tom has a passion for the guest experience that has enabled him to build and execute strategies that are appealing to a broad range of customers.”
Mr. Bradford continued, “We are pleased to have someone of Glenn Davenport’s stature joining the Cracker Barrel Board. Glenn is a seasoned, well-respected executive with a long history in the restaurant industry. His insights will be valuable.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV