Synchronoss Technologies Inc. Stock Downgraded (SNCR)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- SNCR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.74, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for SYNCHRONOSS TECHNOLOGIES is rather high; currently it is at 55.70%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, SNCR's net profit margin of 8.50% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $6.63 million or 0.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- SNCR's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 41.98%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, SNCR is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model..
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV