It's not that following Warren Buffett's buys and sells doesn't make sense -- it does. But it's which buys and sells to pay attention to that matter.
In the last quarter, the "Oracle of Omaha" added on to seven existing positions and dipped a toe into two more, but the stock hikes that most people are paying attention to aren't the ones that really matter. After all, the two biggest position hikes for the quarter were Wells Fargo (WFC) and IBM (IBM), positions that each already make up close to 20% of Berkshire Hathaway's (BRK.A), (BRK.B) $75 billion stock portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV