DryShips Inc. (DRYS): Today's Featured Transportation Winner
DryShips (DRYS) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.2%. By the end of trading, DryShips rose 8 cents (3.5%) to $2.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8.2 million shares of DryShips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $2.15-$2.39 after having opened the day at $2.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.29. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Star Bulk Carriers (SBLK), up 3.9%, USA Truck (USAK), up 3.2%, FreeSeas (FREE), up 2.9%, and Euroseas (ESEA), up 2.4%. DryShips, Inc. owns drybulk carriers and tankers that operate worldwide. Through its subsidiary, Ocean Rig UDW Inc., the company owns and operates nine offshore ultra deepwater drilling units comprising two ultra deepwater semisubmersible drilling rigs and seven ultra deepwater drillships. DryShips has a market cap of $970.4 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are up 14.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate DryShips a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates DryShips as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally weak debt management, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full DryShips Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV