Clearwire Corp (CLWR): Today's Featured Technology Winner
Clearwire (CLWR) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Clearwire rose 2 cents (1.7%) to $1.20 on light volume. Throughout the day, 8.4 million shares of Clearwire exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $1.15-$1.22 after having opened the day at $1.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.18. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Hoku (HOKU), up 59.2%, Nortech Systems Incorporated (NSYS), up 29.1%, NCI (NCIT), up 28.2%, and Neonode (NEON), up 28%. Clearwire Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides fourth generation wireless broadband services in the United States. The company builds and operates mobile broadband networks that offer high-speed mobile Internet and residential Internet access services. Clearwire has a market cap of $596 million and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are down 39.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Clearwire a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Clearwire as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and generally weak debt management.
- You can view the full Clearwire Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV