Copart (CPRT) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, Copart rose 26 cents (0.9%) to $27.55 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Copart exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 523,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.51-$27.88 after having opened the day at $26.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.29. Another company within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today was Sport Chalet (SPCHA), up 9.6%. Copart, Inc. provides online auctions and vehicle remarketing services in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Copart has a market cap of $3.43 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.8, above the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio of 21.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Copart a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Copart as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Copart Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CPRT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV