InterOil Corporation (IOC): Today's Featured Energy Winner
InterOil Corporation (IOC) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 3.3%. By the end of trading, InterOil Corporation rose 86 cents (1.3%) to $65.71 on average volume. Throughout the day, 652,582 shares of InterOil Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 789,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $63.70-$66.38 after having opened the day at $64.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.85. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Torch Energy Royalty (TRU), up 7.3%, Recon Technology (RCON), up 4.3%, Gasco Energy (GSX), up 4%, and Forbes Energy Services (FES), up 4%. InterOil Corporation operates as an integrated oil and gas company in Papua New Guinea. The company engages in the exploration, appraisal, and development of crude oil and natural gas structures. InterOil Corporation has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 119.3, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 121.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 26% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate InterOil Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates InterOil Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full InterOil Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV