Threshold Pharmaceuticals (THLD) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Threshold Pharmaceuticals rose 26 cents (3.8%) to $7.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.8 million shares of Threshold Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.68-$7.32 after having opened the day at $6.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.94. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: AspenBio Pharma (APPY), up 21.9%, Zogenix (ZGNX), up 15.7%, Ampio Pharmaceuticals (AMPE), up 11.7%, and Opexa Therapeutics (OPXA), up 8.9%. Threshold Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a development stage company, focuses on the discovery and development of drugs for the microenvironment of solid tumors and the bone marrows of hematologic malignancies as novel treatments for patients living with cancer. Threshold Pharmaceuticals has a market cap of $370.6 million and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 468.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Threshold Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Threshold Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share and deteriorating net income.
- You can view the full Threshold Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about THLD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV