Lender Processing Services Inc. (LPS): Today's Featured Diversified Services Winner
Lender Processing Services (LPS) pushed the Diversified Services industry higher today making it today's featured diversified services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Lender Processing Services rose 13 cents (0.6%) to $23.38 on light volume. Throughout the day, 589,466 shares of Lender Processing Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.92-$23.46 after having opened the day at $23.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.25. Other companies within the Diversified Services industry that increased today were: Booz Allen Hamilton (BAH), up 13.3%, Digital Generation (DGIT), up 9.6%, Oxygen Biotherapeutics (OXBT), up 8.6%, and Food Technology Service (VIFL), up 7.9%. Lender Processing Services, Inc. provides integrated technology and outsourced services to the mortgage lending industry in the United States. Lender Processing Services has a market cap of $1.96 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.7, below the average diversified services industry P/E ratio of 22.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 54.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Lender Processing Services a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Lender Processing Services as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its attractive valuation levels, considering its current price compared to earnings, book value and other measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Lender Processing Services Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV