Buenaventura Mining Company Inc. (BVN): Today's Featured Basic Materials Winner
Buenaventura Mining Company (BVN) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2.7%. By the end of trading, Buenaventura Mining Company rose 34 cents (0.9%) to $38.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Buenaventura Mining Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.39-$39.05 after having opened the day at $37.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.03. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Gushan Environmental Energy (GU), up 10%, Pure Bioscience (PURE), up 8.2%, China Precision Steel (CPSL), up 7.5%, and Lizhan Environmental (LZEN), up 7.3%. Compania de Minas Buenaventura S.A.A., a precious metals company, engages in the exploration, mining, processing, and development of gold, silver, and other metals in Peru. It also explores for zinc, lead, and copper. Buenaventura Mining Company has a market cap of $9.85 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.6, above the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 10.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Buenaventura Mining Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Buenaventura Mining Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Buenaventura Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV