- Average daily production was 8,275 barrels of oil equivalent (“Boe”) per day for the quarter ended March 31, 2012, an increase of 34% as compared to the same period in 2011.
- Revenue from oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids (“NGLs”) sales (before the impact of commodity derivative contracts) increased 31.4% to $54.8 million for the three months ended March 31, 2012, versus the comparable 2011 period.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the three months ended March 31, 2012 was $30.5 million, essentially flat versus $29.8 million for the first quarter of 2011. For a definition of Adjusted EBITDA and a reconciliation of Adjusted EBITDA to net income (loss) and net cash provided by operating activities, see “Non-GAAP Financial Measures” in the tables below.
- Acreage increased 25.5% to approximately 136,500 total net acres at March 31, 2012 versus approximately 108,700 net acres at December 31, 2011, including acreage under option. From April 1, 2012, through May 29, 2012, Midstates added approximately 14,700 net acres.
- Spud 14 gross wells during the three months ended March 31, 2012, of which nine were producing, two were awaiting completion and three were drilling at quarter end. Since March 31, 2012, Midstates spud 12 additional wells.
- On April 25, 2012, Midstates successfully completed its initial public offering (“IPO”), resulting in a significant increase in liquidity. Midstates received net proceeds of $215.6 million, after underwriting discounts and estimated expenses, which were used to repay $99.0 million of indebtedness under the Company’s revolving credit facility and redeem $67.1 million of preferred units and related interest, with the remaining proceeds used to fund the execution of its drilling program.
Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2012 Financial And Operating Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.