IRVINE, Calif., May 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SurgiCount Medical, Inc., the wholly-owned operating subsidiary of Patient Safety Technologies, Inc. (OTCBB:PSTX, OTCQB:PSTX) today announced that it has been awarded a contract to provide its SurgiCount Safety-Sponge® System to the member facilities of HealthTrust Purchasing Group L.P. (HealthTrust), one of the largest group purchasing organizations in the U.S. Among other items, the agreement defines the terms under which the SurgiCount Safety-Sponge® System is made available to HealthTrust member facilities, which includes approximately 1,400 hospitals and 10,600 ambulatory surgical centers nationwide.
"We are pleased to partner with HealthTrust to offer its members a solution clinically proven to improve patient outcomes and reduce preventable costs. At a time of intensifying industry focus on the prevention of retained surgical sponges, all HealthTrust members will get access to the market leading solution to prevent this common but preventable surgical error," stated Brian E. Stewart, President and Chief Executive Officer of Patient Safety Technologies, Inc.
About HealthTrust Purchasing Group, L.P.
HealthTrust Purchasing Group, L.P., headquartered in
Brentwood, Tenn., is a group purchasing organization that supports nearly 1,400 not-for-profit and for-profit acute care facilities, as well as 10,600 ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, and alternate care sites. With an annual purchasing volume by its members of more than
$20 billion, HealthTrust is committed to obtaining the best price for clinically recommended products, ensuring their timely delivery, and continuously evaluating and improving its services to the patients, physicians and clinicians it serves. The website is
About Patient Safety Technologies, Inc. and SurgiCount Medical
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV