Green Mountain suffers from inventory problems -- specifically, from having too many Keurig machines and K-Cups on hand and in channels. It is also still under the cloud of an SEC investigation into its accounting practices. Finally, the company ousted its founder and CEO.So when Caribou Coffee reported results that were 2 cents better than expected, the company warned that because of moderating K-Cup demand, the company was lowering its growth expectations to a range of 6% to 8%, from 10%. When you read between the lines, we see that Caribou is suffering because of Green Mountain's problems, not because of any mistake that Caribou made itself. Caribou stock now sells at 37% below its all-time high set in April and is an excellent long-term investment. Falling coffee prices will be offsetting any perceived sales slowdown in the future. To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Beaten-Down Stocks to Invest in Now portfolio.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV