MILLBURN, N.J. (Stockpickr) -- Since the end of the first quarter, the S&P 500 has declined nearly 7% and the Nasdaq 100 has declined nearly 8%. This is creating some excellent buying opportunities in stocks that have sold off sharply during that time.
One or more of the following factors could be responsible for many of these stocks' declines:
1. Lower second-quarter estimates, despite good first-quarter earnings reports, due to concerns over exposure to Europe
2. Negative impact from the rising dollar and sinking Euro and emerging-market currencies3. A continuation of concerns over the five-year-old housing and financial crisis 4. Profit-taking after trading at all-time highs in April 5. Being a good stock in a bad sector or being associated with a company that has problems.
>>5 Rocket Stocks for the Snapback Rally Let's take a closer look at five of theses beaten-down stocks that are presenting excelling investment opportunities now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV