MILLBURN, N.J. ( Stockpickr) -- Since the end of the first quarter, the S&P 500 has declined nearly 7% and the Nasdaq 100 has declined nearly 8%. This is creating some excellent buying opportunities in stocks that have sold off sharply during that time.
One or more of the following factors could be responsible for many of these stocks' declines:
1. Lower second-quarter estimates, despite good first-quarter earnings reports, due to concerns over exposure to Europe
2. Negative impact from the rising dollar and sinking Euro and emerging-market currencies3. A continuation of concerns over the five-year-old housing and financial crisis 4. Profit-taking after trading at all-time highs in April 5. Being a good stock in a bad sector or being associated with a company that has problems.
>>5 Rocket Stocks for the Snapback Rally Let's take a closer look at five of theses beaten-down stocks that are presenting excelling investment opportunities now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts