MILLBURN, N.J. (Stockpickr) -- Since the end of the first quarter, the S&P 500 has declined nearly 7% and the Nasdaq 100 has declined nearly 8%. This is creating some excellent buying opportunities in stocks that have sold off sharply during that time.
One or more of the following factors could be responsible for many of these stocks' declines:
1. Lower second-quarter estimates, despite good first-quarter earnings reports, due to concerns over exposure to Europe
2. Negative impact from the rising dollar and sinking Euro and emerging-market currencies3. A continuation of concerns over the five-year-old housing and financial crisis 4. Profit-taking after trading at all-time highs in April 5. Being a good stock in a bad sector or being associated with a company that has problems.
>>5 Rocket Stocks for the Snapback Rally Let's take a closer look at five of theses beaten-down stocks that are presenting excelling investment opportunities now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV