ST. LOUIS, May 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Stereotaxis, Inc. (NASDAQ: STXS) today announced that William C. Mills III has been appointed as Chairman of its Board of Directors, effective immediately. Mr. Mills has considerable experience serving on the boards of growing companies in the medical technology and biotechnology fields. Mr. Mills replaces Fred A. Middleton, who will remain on the Board of Directors as an independent director.
Mr. Mills is currently an independent venture capitalist with over 30 years of experience in venture capital, and now serves as Chairman of the Board of Managers of Ascension Health Ventures III, LLC. Since 1981, he has served in a partner role at Advent International, Ampersand Ventures, EGS Healthcare Capital Partners and The Venture Capital Fund of New England. Mr. Mills has been a member of the Stereotaxis Board since June 2000 and has served as Chairman of the Company's Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and the Strategy & Technology Committee. Mr. Mills received his A.B. in Chemistry, cum laude, from Princeton University, his S.M. in Chemistry from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and his M.S. in Management from MIT's Sloan School of Management.
"On behalf of the Board, I would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to Fred for his over 20 years of service as Chairman and his many invaluable contributions to Stereotaxis," said William C. Mills III, Chairman of the Board of Directors. "Fred has helped guide the Company through various business cycles with prudence and with our long-term strategy in mind. We look forward to continuing to work with Fred and to his continued contributions."
"My decision to step down as Chairman of Stereotaxis will allow the Company to recruit new experienced talent at the Board leadership level. I plan to devote more time to activities which I believe can enhance shareholder value going forward," said Mr. Middleton.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV