Tilly’s, Inc. (NYSE: TLYS) today announced financial results for the first quarter of fiscal 2012 ended April 28, 2012.
- Total net sales for the first quarter were $96.5 million, an increase of 16.1%. Comparable store sales, which include e-commerce sales, increased 4.3%. E-commerce sales increased 31% to $10.9 million compared to the first quarter in the prior year.
- Gross profit increased 16.1% to $30.4 million. Gross margin was 31.5%, equal to the first quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Operating income increased 21.4% to $6.0 million. Operating margin for the quarter was 6.2% as compared to 6.0% in the first quarter of 2011.
- On a GAAP basis, net income was $5.9 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, based on a weighted average diluted share count of 20.5 million. This compares to $4.9 million or $0.24 per diluted share based on 20.4 million weighted average diluted shares in the first quarter of fiscal 2011.
- On a pro-forma basis, assuming an effective tax rate of 40% for both periods, net income for the quarter increased 21.7% to $3.6 million, or $0.18 per weighted average diluted share, from $3.0 million or $0.14 per weighted average diluted share in the first quarter 2011.
Daniel Griesemer, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are pleased with our first quarter results, which highlight the success of our growth initiatives and the strength of our business model. Growth in the quarter was driven by both new stores and increased comparable store sales, including e-commerce sales. Although the first quarter is a relatively small proportion of our full year earnings, the earnings growth rate in the quarter exceeded our long-term plan and reflects a continued high-quality expansion of our business. We are excited about the significant opportunities ahead of us to drive sustained long-term growth and increased value for our shareholders.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts