- Total net sales for the first quarter were $96.5 million, an increase of 16.1%. Comparable store sales, which include e-commerce sales, increased 4.3%. E-commerce sales increased 31% to $10.9 million compared to the first quarter in the prior year.
- Gross profit increased 16.1% to $30.4 million. Gross margin was 31.5%, equal to the first quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Operating income increased 21.4% to $6.0 million. Operating margin for the quarter was 6.2% as compared to 6.0% in the first quarter of 2011.
- On a GAAP basis, net income was $5.9 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, based on a weighted average diluted share count of 20.5 million. This compares to $4.9 million or $0.24 per diluted share based on 20.4 million weighted average diluted shares in the first quarter of fiscal 2011.
- On a pro-forma basis, assuming an effective tax rate of 40% for both periods, net income for the quarter increased 21.7% to $3.6 million, or $0.18 per weighted average diluted share, from $3.0 million or $0.14 per weighted average diluted share in the first quarter 2011.
Tilly’s, Inc. Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.