Silvercorp (SVM) is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and mining of high-grade silver-related mineral properties in China and Canada. This stock is trading up 3.5% at $6.17 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.74-$6.1752-Week Range: $4.89-$12.12 Volume: 932,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 1.5 million >>6 Stocks to Play for Lower Gold Prices From a technical perspective, SVM is moving modestly higher here with below average volume. This move is pushing SVM within range of a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once SVM takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $6.19 and then its 50-day moving average of $6.37 with high volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades if SVM can manage to sustain a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 1,500,720 shares. If we get that action soon, look for SVM to challenge $7.10 or possibly its 200-day moving average of $7.34 in the near future. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV