Eni net debt felled from €28 billion to less than €11 billion. At the same time the disposal would have a positive impact on our shareholders’ equity, which would rise from €60 billion to over €62 billion. Overall, the disposal of SNAM would therefore improve leverage from 0.46 at year-end 2011 to less than 0.20 on a pro forma basis.
Looking at our profit and cash flows the consolidation of SNAM from the full year 2011 would reduce our EBITDA by 12%. However, the impact on free cash flow would be negligible as SNAM invest roughly the whole of the cash generated by its operations. In strategic terms, as accounts of the disposal of SNAM, Eni would be a much upstream business than it is today.
Looking at our capital employed, E&P will account for almost 60% of Eni, up from almost 50% at the end of 2011, while gas and power will [afford] from over 30% to 17%. The consolidation of SNAM will also boost Eni’s adjusted returns on average capital employed from the 2011 level of 9.9% to a pro forma of 10.4%.
Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your attention. Let me now hand you over to Paolo to wrap up.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV